Monday, January 22, 2007

Basketball Overload and Asst. Ramblings

It was a weekend of basketball. Both C. and M. had games Saturday. They both lost, unfortunately. C,'s game was local; M.'s game was a road trip. Arrived at the locale- 30 mins away, to find they were an hour behind schedule. Oh well, what can you do? The opposing team was tough! M. was pissed- I could tell. She kept getting elbowed and slapped yet they didn't get called on any of their fouls. It was good experience to complement her middle school team. I never thought I'd see the day when she'd be getting sick of basketball, but she has been living and breathing basketball the past 2 months. Only 4 more middle school games, then Rec is once per week. That'll be a nice break. More practice Sunday at the last min. Another game today after school. I need to try and remember to take my camera.

I'm still struggling with my emotional state of mind. I've been having a really tough time lately coping with all the stress. I'm not sure why I'm not dealing as well as I usually do. I'm feeling like a shitty mom. I'm especially feeling unappreciated but I don't know why it's bugging me so much. Normally I can blow stuff off and I totally know it's normal... both the way I'm feeling and the way the kids are behaving. It's just normally it's only B. that I mainly have to contend with, and lately it's been all 3 presenting me with challenge after challenge. I need to find some new coping techniques, but I'm really not sure how to go about doing that. I don't know anyone IRL who has the same kind of issues, who I could confide in and who could relate to me.

No update on the roof. No one can come until later this week. I hope it doesn't rain before then.

I'm really tired. I need more coffee. Kids are off to school and I don't want to face trying to get B. up.
Avoidance.... I know. But it's so emotionally negative and I know I'm not rebounding well right now. I think I'll go get some more coffee and try to muster up the fortitude I need.

No comments: