Monday, January 8, 2007

Aches and Pains

Ugh, my body aches. My knees hurt. My back hurts. My legs ache. I'm in such sad shape. Spent many hours of my weekend working on cleaning up my disaster of a yard. Amazing amounts of debris. Pine needles inches thick, branches and pine cones everywhere, not to mention the weeds. Did the front without to much ordeal, but it helps that I do blow the front regularly. The side and back yards, that's another deal. We don't really use the yard much. It's narrow and not landscaped. Mostly shaded and lots of tree cover-- so the kids don't even play ball outside, like they did at the other house. It doesn't help that there is a monster house behind us so any sense of privacy is nil when outside. The yard has been sorely neglected and I paid the price today. This week is the quarterly "clean up" week where you can put out 7 extra garbage bags. I hate throwing yard waste away, but once our big yard waste recycle can is full- what else can I do with it? So 8 bags later, plus the big wheeled bin, it's all up on the street now. If only the yard were done. I dread doing the rest! It might be 50% done, maybe less. I had such plans when we moved in here. Throw down grass seed, plants some flowers, etc. It's been easier to ignore it, I'm sad to say. I am not a gardener, nor a green thumb. In fact it's an accurate statement to say I abhor gardening. I seriously hate it! Sigh. I know I'm going to be sore in the morning. A morning that is going to be here all too soon.... since tomorrow it's back to the grind. Kids go back to school finally and that means it's back to the 6:15 alarm for me. Bleh!

No comments: