Saturday, January 13, 2007

So Friggin Cold!

I'm getting mighty tired of being cold. It has been downright frigid. Days on end of cooooooold weather. Tonight at 6ish I was on my way home and it was 36 degrees. This morning when I got up it was 46 in my house. IN the house! at 10:30am no less! I am dreading my PG&E bill.... since I routinely pay almost $500/mo, I know it's going to be way more. I'm going to cry or go into shock most likely. Normally we try not to run the heat, but about 2 months ago we had to start running it. I would set it to 60 in the morning when I got up and let it run for a couple hours, then again in the evening for a couple hours. But this last month I've had to run it almost consistently... maybe I can turn it off in the afternoon for awhile. I've had to bump it up to 63-64 and we're still cold in the main part of the house. It gives me serious anxiety thinking about it. I wish it would warm up! Or I wish I had some firewood so I could light the fireplace.

I don't have much else to say tonight. It's been a long cold week and I've been fighting feeling depressed. I feel like I'm in a real pit right now, and it would be real easy to just slip in and stay in bed around the clock. Moms aren't allowed to do that though. It's been more of a struggle than usual lately though to make myself go through the motions of a regular day. I need to go to the doctor and insurance won't cover it. My legs hurt all the time now. I don't know what's wrong.

No comments: