Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fun in the Sun.... and Wind

Nothing like a day at the pool in the sun and wind to tire you (me) out. Here it is only 10:30 and I'm seriously tired. 10 kiddos at the bday party today. Nearly a perfect day except for the blow-me-down wind! I'm to tired to upload pictures even. Lots of fun was had by all girl, minus one who had the typical pre-teen angst over some imagined injustice committed by one or more of the girls in attendance.

The Giants were rained out for the 2nd day in a row. Barry didn't get to wear #42, in honor of Jackie Robinson's 60th anniversary of his first game in the MLB. Instead, I watched the Padres and Dodgers on ESPN Sunday night baseball. The Pad's really sucked tonight. It was a disappointing, one sided game. All the Jackie Robinson festivities were cool though- especially hearing his widow speak. My interest is sufficiently peaked, that I may check the library for Jackie's auto-biography. I'm especially curious as to why he decided to retire, rather than be traded to the then NY Giants. I never knew that black players were forced to sleep at different hotels. That's appalling.

Softball game tomorrow night...... my girl will be pitching :o)

No comments: